Sunday, April 11, 2010

Just Gotta Brag a Little





Sometimes the things my kids do blow me away...other times I am frustrated when they don't want to try something new that I know they would love, but THEY think is too scary. Well, this post is about when they blow me away. Cade with his gung ho attitude in karate and both Cade and Bailey with their adventurous and perserverance in a few activities that we have done recently! Here's some pics and explanations of what these are!
Cade worked really hard and was so excited to earn his yellow belt. He loves to practice his karate moves all the time and is so brave to be in a class with some other students that are in their teen years. Karate has been a big confidence builder for Cade.
Josh and I took Cade and Bailey to a really cool place called "Jungle Quest" which is a high adventure ropes course style playground. When I first saw the set up, I did not know whether Bay was going to do ANY of it. Not only did she try and love every single thing, but she actually climbed to the top of the rock wall (which was probably about 20 ft. tall) and rang the bell. She was quite nervous and would stop on her way up, and each time the girl holding the rope would ask us if we wanted her to bring her down, she would move one more step  towards the top. She was a total Rock Star! Cade and Bailey's favorite thing was the zip line. It looked like so much fun that I wanted to try it too, but maybe not being 7 months pregnant!


The last event that Cade and Bailey participated in that made me so proud was their school's Race 4 Education. It is a fund raiser fun run they have each year. Family and friends donate to the school based on the number of laps that the students run. I was flipping my lid when Bailey ran18 laps which is about  4 1/2 miles and Cade ran 24 laps which is about  6 miles. They did all this in one hour!! It is truly amazing what kids can do. It was a fun day, with music pumping, snow cones, pizza, and fun jumps. This is one of the most fun days of the year at Pinewood Christian!

Love Bailey's big smile of accomplishment. We were so proud!


Cade was quite the serious runner...he was awesome!!

Cade and his running buddies

Cade and his sweet teacher, Mrs. Toalson

2 comments:

  1. Wowzers! I can't believe they ran that much! They would put me to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jungle Quest looks like a blast! I'm so proud of them and all their accomplishments, too!

    ReplyDelete